Thread: What are 3 things you look for when you buy a tablet?

Familiar User

What are 3 things you look for when you buy a tablet?

Tablets are different from smartphones, which tablets have more or less use than smartphones do. I used to own a tablet until I no longer need it because I don't want to carry both a smartphone and a tablet. When I buy a tablet, there are 3 things I need for: processor, screen size, and brand. I have the Blackberry Playbook, which is a wonderful tablet because it does anything I need. It does not offer as any apps as IPads or Android tablets do, but it still gets the job done quite well for me. What are 3 things do you look for when you buy a tablet?

Re: What are 3 things you look for when you buy a tablet?

After having owned 2 Android tablets, I'm never buying another one again. They slow down so much over the span of a year. When brand new, they are incredibly fast, and then just slow down gradually. Mind you, I do factory resets every now and then and it doesn't change anything, nor do custom ROMs do. I think I'm over tablets. Definitely Android tablets, I now co-own an iPad and it's much better than any of my Android ones.

Mobile Brand
    Sony
    Mobile Model
    Z2
    Mobile OS
    Android

Hello,

Brand is ofcourse the top most priority when considering any mobile handset. Then is the screen size and the power.

I use Samsung Tab 3 and I am so far very happy with it. The basic use of my Tab is communication with my clients and it does the job well. I have used Dell Tablet in past which was provided by my company, however I think iPad has been the best experience so far.. It was not mine, one of my very closed friend has it.
    Regards,
    Modmin
    Mobile Talk Forums

Familiar User

First of all, performance. A tablet should be able run most apps smother than their smartphone counterparts.
    Second, Image quality. It must be HD, nowadays most tablets have good screens, so this is no longer a problem.
    Third, good price/quality. The Nexus 7 is the perfect example of this. The quality is superior to most tablets and it's price is perfect.

Mobile Brand
    Sony
    Mobile Model
    Z2
    Mobile OS
    Android

Well, I think that screen size does matter, to me atleast.. I like average screen size of 7 inches, as it is very convenient to carry your tab around in your hands.
    Regards,
    Modmin
    Mobile Talk Forums

Familiar User

My 3 things would be the processor, internal memory, and the brand. I would never purchase a cheap tablet unless it was for my kids because I know they are mainly going to play games on it. With internal memory, some apps can't be put on your sd card and some apps play better on the actual internal memory and the processor will let you do more things without slowing down or freezing.

Instead of ranting about Android tablets, I should have focused more on the 3 things :P
    What I looked for in my last tablet was the following:
    - Screen size (needed it to be 10 inches, since I use it for notetaking at school, and is also good for watching films and reading)
    - Performance (I bought one of the best tablets at the time - Asus Transformer TF300, with the Tegra 3 and quad-core processor)
    - Durability (this is where my current tablet failed - it's all in pieces basically, and I have been taking very good care of it)

My next tablet, should I ever buy one, will be an iPad, no question. I have one at home, but it's not mine, and the user experience and fluidity is far superior to Android.

Mobile Brand
    Sony
    Mobile Model
    Z2
    Mobile OS
    Android

Quote Originally Posted by fromtheground View Post

My next tablet, should I ever buy one, will be an iPad, no question. I have one at home, but it's not mine, and the user experience and fluidity is far superior to Android.

Cannot agree more.. I too think that iPad touch and speed is way better than the Android.. but I like to stick with the Android tab, may be because of the attitude that Apple carry and then its cost.
    Regards,
    Modmin
    Mobile Talk Forums

Familiar User

I personally look at brand, battery life, and memory. I prefer well known brand names due to there products are up to par, battery life as I'm constantly using it, and memory because between apps and music and books I need memory to hold them all and to be able to run them.

Quote Originally Posted by Modmin View Post
    Cannot agree more.. I too think that iPad touch and speed is way better than the Android.. but I like to stick with the Android tab, may be because of the attitude that Apple carry and then its cost.
    I've learned not to look at Apple's prices. Politics is one thing, that's debatable and varies from person to person. The main difference between Apple stuff and other mainstream electronics is that Apple hardware maintains value EXTREMELY better than any other. For example, if I buy a $800 iPhone and sell it 2 years later on eBay, I can get around $400-$500 for it. If I got a Samsung Galaxy for, say, $700, 2 years later I'd be able to sell it for $100, maybe $200 If I'm lucky.

Thread Information