Thread: Samsung galaxy 4s battery time

Still Getting Familier

Samsung galaxy 4s battery time

Hi,
    i've always used IPhone devices but i've always had lots of battery issues. I think it's absourd that i need to turn off 3G connection to save battery, as I think that 3G is the minimum acceptable. As long as my IPhone 5 battery lasts at least 5 hours, i wanted to ask you if the Samsung Galaxy S4 has the same battery issues.
    Thank you.

Familiar User

Re: Samsung galaxy 4s battery time

My Galaxy S4 battery lasts about five hours as well. This is if I have GPS turned on though, it will last much longer if this is off. I did have an issue where it wouldn't stay charged and I had to leave it plugged in constantly but that was taken care of by my carrier.

Mobile Brand
    Sony
    Mobile Model
    Z2
    Mobile OS
    Android

Hello,

High-powered mobile phones need lots of juice, and the S4 is way more powerful than older Samsung phones. The new battery can last 1/3 more in standby and more than 2 times in talk time hours. But when mobile phones become a part of your social life, your battery is still going to have a hard time keeping up with you.

Here are few suggestions to save battery life of your Android phone.

Adjust Brightness
    Power Saving Mode
    Use Wi-Fi as Much as Possible
    Turn Off "Smart" Features
    -- Avoid Smart screen
    -- Avoid Voice control
    Regards,
    Modmin
    Mobile Talk Forums

Familiar User

My girlfriend has the same problem with her S4. She has to turn off almost everything just to get it to fully charge in a decent amount of time. And while she is using it she has to put it on battery saving mode at different intervals as well.

Mobile Brand
    Sony
    Mobile Model
    Z2
    Mobile OS
    Android

Can be very frustration especially when you spend so much for a good phone. I have a feeling that the major problem happens when you use your network for internet. The problem with the battery is not bad when you use Wifi on your smart phones. Lets hope that in next 3-4 years, every major cities will have open Wifi in every corner of it. That would make life to easy..
    Regards,
    Modmin
    Mobile Talk Forums

Still Getting Familiar

If i use my S4 a lot it would last for about 5-6 hours. Make sure it's running on power saving mode so you can save up on some battery if you really need it. By that I mean turning brightness to minimum and disabling features you are not using. Intstalling apps may help too, at least it does for me.

Familiar User

I noticed that the battery actually drains faster when you spend most of the time on the internet or browsing in that case.I think you should browse when you are near a power source or at home.

Still Getting Familiar

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and the battery lasts a good amount of time, provided that I am not overworking it and going through various applications, as well as browsing multiple social media and other sites. There are many different features that are part of the phone and they use up resources and consume the battery life, so it's best to disable as much as you can. Same thing is caused by my bluetooth that I have connected very often to my Galaxy Gear. It's a battery eater too. I can't wait for the day there is a revolution in technology when it comes to batteries and having up to a week of long lasting life.

Banned
    Mobile Brand
    Samsung
    Mobile Model
    j1
    Mobile OS

I had never issues with the battery life of the 4s and have almost everything enabled. The only thing which kills my battery sometimes pretty quickly are the Google location services - turn them off and the wakelocks are usually gone. Google really has to improve them and make the batterystats more transparent, especially the ones about the google play services.

Mobile Brand
    Sony
    Mobile Model
    Z2
    Mobile OS
    Android

Quote Originally Posted by Hania22 View Post
    I had never issues with the battery life of the 4s and have almost everything enabled. The only thing which kills my battery sometimes pretty quickly are the Google location services - turn them off and the wakelocks are usually gone. Google really has to improve them and make the batterystats more transparent, especially the ones about the google play services.

Well we cannot blame only google for short battery life. I think the camera and even screen eats a lot of battery which is the part of hardware. Though it is not limited to Samsung phone only.
    Regards,
    Modmin
    Mobile Talk Forums

Thread Information