Thread: Nokia's Sell To Microsoft

Familiar User

Nokia's Sell To Microsoft

Though the Nokia/Microsoft deal is old. I think that it has driven the competition in the smartphone market to high gear. Seeing that in the end of 2013 Microsoft had gained major ground with its windows phone. What are your thoughts with Microsoft drive into the smartphone market.

Familiar User

Re: Nokia's Sell To Microsoft

I think it's good. Now microsoft will give windows phone a great boost, and for us customers that's great news!

Familiar User

I like this move made by Nokia and Microsoft, as it saved Nokia as a phone manufacturer. And also it will give Microsoft a chance to push Windows Mobile even further, and maybe soon it will be a real rival to Android.

Familiar User

Quote Originally Posted by bogdan99 View Post
    I like this move made by Nokia and Microsoft, as it saved Nokia as a phone manufacturer. And also it will give Microsoft a chance to push Windows Mobile even further, and maybe soon it will be a real rival to Android.

When it comes to mobile, windows phone has really improved a lot. iOS and and Android have in in the market for years and windows phone is already becoming a great system and taking an important slice of the market share. With Nokia, and the great Lumia devices, windows phones has a bright future.

Still Getting Familiar

Quote Originally Posted by bogdan99 View Post

Yes I agree with you. Unfortunately, it seemed like Nokia was circling the drain, as it was paling in comparison to the tough competition out there. It was wise for them to sell to Microsoft, who can now better invest the company's a-s-s-e-t-s. Windows Phone has a long way to go though before it can catch up to iOS and Android.

Mobile Brand
    Sony
    Mobile Model
    Z2
    Mobile OS
    Android

I personally think that Nokia selling itself to Microsoft was not a good move. They were a great company and their phones were selling like peanuts unless Android hit the market. I think Nokia moving to Android OS would have gained more than the decision of selling itself to Microsoft.

On other part from Microsoft prospective, they made a very clever decision in taking over Nokia. They got a base and ready made industry to market their phone OS. Microsoft is indeed coming good with its resent launch, I see many people moving to Nokia smart phones.
    Regards,
    Modmin
    Mobile Talk Forums

Thread Information